CTET CLASSES EDUCATIONAL POINT
A student must understand that the need for the CTET exam is to select the best and knowledge full candidate for teaching students. Teaching is the most important part of the student as the foundation of children future starts from the basic elementary classes where they learn and earn knowledge to live and grow in this world. CTET exam is a qualifying exam for teaching profession and is conducted twice in a year, this exam is very much important for those who have chosen “Teaching” as their career. The exam is conducted by CBSE board and they certify a person who qualifies this exam; that he is eligible for teaching students in CBSE affiliated schools. CTET exam is only eligible for those who have done any kind of course related to teaching students like B.Ed, JBT, NTT, DIET etc. CTET exam is one of the most important exams in India as the number of schools are affiliated with the CBSE board and CBSE has made CTET a mandatory qualifying exam for the Teachers who want to teach in such schools. CTET exam has become a mandatory exam for State Govt. Schools, KVS, NVS and Central Tibetan Schools also.
CTET exam is divided into two papers. Paper 1 (PRT) is for those who want to teach Class 1 to 5 student’s and Paper 2 (TGT) is for who want to teach Class 6 to 8 student’s. CTET exam carries different parts of teaching methodology that are defined by Paper 1 “Child Psychology, Pedagogy, Languages, Environmental Studies and Mathematics” and for Paper 2 contains “Child Psychology, Pedagogy, Languages with specified subjects like Mathematics and Science for those who have a Medical or Non-medical background and Social Studies for those who have Arts or Commerce background”.
Each year lakhs of students appear for this exam and many of them clear it. As this exam is qualifying exam for teaching profession, one have to score at least 90 marks for passing this exam. Passing criteria varies according to categories like General, SC, ST and OBC.
Preparing for the CTET exam is an important process as a student has limited time and thus they have to cover at least 90 questions to clear the exam. IBS Institute provides the best program for CTET exam preparation in Chandigarh, Mohali & Panchkula. In IBS there are number of teachers who had qualified CTET exam and they are teaching from many years with this experience and knowledge. They are the most capable person to give guidance and knowledge to qualify CTET exam. IBS provides all kinds of books and material in Hindi and English language. IBS also provides previous year exams paper for practice and model test papers which are designed by our highly qualified R&D Cell. IBS always stays one step ahead of the coming exam and changes its teaching methodology time to time according to need and requirement of the examination. With such deep study and knowledge of the last conducted exam, IBS provides the best of material and classes for the students. It is better to join the IBS Coaching Institute for CTET Coaching in Chandigarh, Mohali & Panchkula and get the CTET exam Cleared in a single attempt.
(Paper I and Paper II)
PAPER I (FOR CLASSES 1 TO V) PRIMARY STAGE
I- CHILD DEVELOPMENT AND PEDAGOGY 30 QUESTIONS
a) Child Development (Primary School Child) 15 Questions
- The Concept of development and its relationship with learning
- Principles of the development of children
- Influence of Heredity & Environment
- Socialization processes: Social world & children (Teacher, Parents, Peers)
- Piaget, Kohlberg, and Vygotsky: constructs and critical perspectives.
- The Concepts of child-centered and progressive education
- Critical perspective of the construct of Intelligence
- Multi-Dimensional Intelligence
- Language & Thought
- Gender as a social construct; gender roles, gender-bias and educational practice
- Individual differences among learners, understanding differences based on diversity of language, caste, gender, community, religion etc
- The Distinction between Assessment for learning and assessment of learning; School – Based Assessment, Continuous & Comprehensive Evaluation: perspective and practice
- Formulating appropriate questions for assessing readiness levels of learners; for enhancing learning and critical thinking in the classroom and for assessing learner achievement.
b)The Concept of Inclusive education and understanding children with special needs 5 Questions
- Addressing learners from diverse backgrounds including disadvantaged and deprived
- Addressing the needs of children with learning difficulties, ‘impairment’ etc.
- Addressing the Talented, Creative, Specially abled Learners
c) Learning and Pedagogy 10 Questions
- How children think and learn; how and why children ‘fail’ to achieve success in school performance.
- Basic processes of teaching and learning; children’s strategies of learning; learning as a social activity; social context of learning.
- Child as a problem solver and a ‘scientific investigator’
- Alternative conceptions of learning in children, understanding children’s ‘errors’ as significant steps in the learning process.
- Cognition & Emotions
- Motivation and learning
- Factors contributing to learning
- personal & environmental
II. LANGUAGE I 30 QUESTIONS
a) Language Comprehension 15 Questions
Reading unseen passages – two passages one prose or drama and one poem with questions on comprehension, inference, grammar and verbal ability (Prose passage may be literary, scientific, narrative or discursive)
b) Pedagogy of Language Development 15 Questions
- Learning and acquisition
- Principles of Language Teaching
- Role of listening and speaking; function of language and how children use it as a tool
- A Critical perspective on the role of grammar in learning a language for communicating ideas verbally and in written form
- Challenges of teaching language in a diverse classroom; language difficulties, errors and disorders
- Language Skills
- Evaluating language comprehension and proficiency: speaking, listening, reading and writing
- Teaching-learning materials: Textbook, multi-media materials, multilingual resource of the classroom
- Remedial Teaching