Highlights of CTET Exam Pattern
Some of the major highlights of CTET exam pattern 2020 can be checked below –
- CTET June 2020 is going to be conducted in the offline (Pen & Paper based) mode.
- CTET 2020 exam is divided into two papers (Paper I & Paper-II).
- CTET Paper I exam is conducted for candidates who wish to become teachers for class I to V.
- CTET Paper II exam is for candidates who aspire to become teachers for class VI to VIII.
- B.Ed candidates can appear for both Paper I & II of CTET exam.
- Each Paper of CTET exam will consist of 150 questions and will carry 150 marks.
- Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs) are asked in the CTET exam.
- The medium of instruction for CTET exam for subjects other than languages is English or Hindi.
- The total time duration of CTET 2020 is 2 hours 30 minutes for each paper.
- CTET Paper I (Primary Stage) has five sections, Child Development and Pedagogy, Language I, Language II, Mathematics and Environmental Studies. It is mandatory to attempt all the sections of this paper.
- CTET Paper II (Elementary Stage) has five sections (Child Development and Pedagogy, Language I, Language II, Mathematics and Science, and Social Studies) out of which candidates will have to take four. Aspirants willing to teach Mathematics or Science must attempt the Mathematics and Science section, candidates willing to teach Social Studies must attempt the Social Studies section and the other candidates shall take either Mathematics and Science section or Social Studies section.
- Candidates have a choice to select two languages in CTET exam 2020.
CTET Paper I Exam Pattern
The Paper I exam pattern of CTET is as follows –
S. No. Sections Total Number of Questions Marks 1 Language I (Compulsory) 30 30 2 Language II (Compulsory) 30 30 3 Child Development and Pedagogy 30 30 4 Mathematics 30 30 5 Environmental Studies 30 30 Total 150 150
CTET Paper II Exam Pattern
The Paper II exam pattern of CTET exam can be checked below –
S. No. Sections Total Number of Questions Marks 1 Language I (compulsory) 30 30 2 Language II (compulsory) 30 30 3 Child Development & Pedagogy (compulsory) 30 30 4 Mathematics and Science
(for Mathematics and Science teachers)
60 60 5 Social Studies/Social Science
(for Social Studies/Social Science teachers)
*For any other teacher – Section 4 or 5 (either of the two) will be relevant
60 60 Total 150 150
NEAR ADARSH NAGAR