Highlights of CTET Exam Pattern
Some of the major highlights of CTET exam pattern 2020 can be checked below –
- CTET June 2020 is going to be conducted in the offline (Pen & Paper based) mode.
- CTET 2020 exam is divided into two papers (Paper I & Paper-II).
- CTET Paper I exam is conducted for candidates who wish to become teachers for class I to V.
- CTET Paper II exam is for candidates who aspire to become teachers for class VI to VIII.
- B.Ed candidates can appear for both Paper I & II of CTET exam.
- Each Paper of CTET exam will consist of 150 questions and will carry 150 marks.
- Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs) are asked in the CTET exam.
- The medium of instruction for CTET exam for subjects other than languages is English or Hindi.
- The total time duration of CTET 2020 is 2 hours 30 minutes for each paper.
- CTET Paper I (Primary Stage) has five sections, Child Development and Pedagogy, Language I, Language II, Mathematics and Environmental Studies. It is mandatory to attempt all the sections of this paper.
- CTET Paper II (Elementary Stage) has five sections (Child Development and Pedagogy, Language I, Language II, Mathematics and Science, and Social Studies) out of which candidates will have to take four. Aspirants willing to teach Mathematics or Science must attempt the Mathematics and Science section, candidates willing to teach Social Studies must attempt the Social Studies section and the other candidates shall take either Mathematics and Science section or Social Studies section.
Use of OMR Sheet in CTET 2020
Handling the OMR sheet initially must be done under some supervision to avoid mistakes while providing the basic details of the applicants. Hence, here are the easy guidelines an applicant must follow in order to be user-friendly with the Optical Mark Recognition in CTET 2020.
- The candidates of CTET would find an OMR sheet within the sealed test booklet. The sealed booklet must be opened only when the invigilator announces to do so.
- There will be 4 options in the OMR answer script which are A, B, C, and D. In the answer booklet the same options will be provided for the candidates to choose.
- The OMR sheet will be scanned through an optical scanner, hence there must not be any crease on the answer script. Any such tinge or crease might give wrong result when the OMR sheet is sent for Optical Scanning.
- Applicants must not write the roll number anywhere in the sheet except the specified space in the OMR sheet.
- TET EDUCATION GURU
- NEAR ADARSH NAGAR